Monday, May 9, 2016

Pizza MacGyver - Something Delicious is Rising



Pizza.  It’s something you love and a dish that if you ended up having it for dinner for the rest of your life, you’d be just fine with that.  When was the last time you made it for yourself at home though?  “It’s too time-consuming,” you think to yourself.  Or maybe, “I don’t have the ingredients.”  Both thoughts are 100 percent false.  You have the makings of a tasty pizza right now in your fridge and you don’t even know it!

When you’re a pizza MacGyver like me, and like pizza as much as I do (and I like pizza better than most things in life), you can make a pizza appear out of almost thin air.

Sure, over the years I’ve taken some things to the next level of pizza-obsessed madness --- like making my own pepperoni from scratch or spending hours smoking a pork butt just to use on a barbecue-style pizza.  At the end of the day though, if there is some combination of dough-based carrying device (English muffin pizzas, what?!?), sauce, and cheese it is all good.

Pizza can be as simple or complex as you want to make it, and I am the person to show you the way to satisfying your need for cheesy, saucy, meaty (or veggie) goodness.  Plus, since you’re making it yourself, you know exactly what goes into the final product.

OK, so maybe you want to learn or sharpen a few of your pizza-making skills along our journey.  No matter what you have a taste for or what you have available on-hand at home, I’ll show you many different ways to your own personal pan pizza nirvana.

It starts with the dough, or bread, or the thing that will carry cheese and toppings from your hand to your face.  I’ll teach you a number of different scratch-made dough styles or things you can use when you don’t have the time or ingredients to make your own.  You’ll see how creative you can be.
Sauce.  It really carries a lot of the flavor you want in your pizza.  Again, you can be as simple or complex with your sauce and there are tons of awesome options. 

The toppings and cheese are really where you get to make a pizza an original, and you are in complete control of what goes on or what doesn’t.  Make it a veggie, make it with tons of meat, or nothing but cheese – let your mood and taste buds show you the way.  Take it easy or take it to the next level with homemade toppings.  You can even use up some leftovers in your fridge or pantry to get your pizza fix.


I’ve made pizzas in ovens, on the grill, on a stovetop, in a toaster oven, and even over campfires.  You don’t need fancy tools or equipment to make good pizza.  However, when you join me on the path to being a “pizza MacGyver” in your own home or own backyard I’ll teach you all the tricks I know.

Have questions or comments?  Have pizza ideas you would like me ponder?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment